Try the following simple instructions to remove cat urine smell using white distilled type of vinegar and baking soda.
1. To remove the smell of cat urine, soak up as much of the cat urine as you can with a dry paper towel.
2. Then stir a mix of warm water and baking soda until it’s the consistency of a paste.
3. Rub the paste into the stained area.
4. Mix 1/3 cup of undiluted white distilled vinegar with 1 cup of lukewarm water and blot the area thoroughly.
5. Blot the area up with a clean, wet paper towel, and repeat the process three times.
6. Let the area dry. If you still detect cat urine odor, then repeat the process. If there is a strong smell of vinegar simply let it dry. If the vinegar smell is still around after it dries, use soap and water to clean the area once again. You can also add some lemon juice to help remove the vinegar smell. You can follow-up with a commercial product such as Febreeze which has been known to work to reduce the smell of cat urine.
What else can vinegar be used for?
Undiluted white distilled vinegar can be used for coloring Easter eggs – canning – pickling – marinating – removing beer stains, candy stains, grass stains, coffee stains, deodorant stains, removing human urine smell, feces stains, remove cat urine smell, mustard stains, remove rust stain, sweat stains, tea stains, remove urine stains and for cleaning shower heads to remove blockage.