The Microsoft Edge browser utilizes Bing for the search bar by default as its search provider. The simple steps below explain how to change the default search provider for the Edge browser from Bing to Google search in the search bar.
Steps for Changing the Edge search bar search provider
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. In the upper-right of the browser look for the three dots and click to open Choose More Actions.
3. Choose Settings. This will reveal the Settings popout panel (see #4).
4. In the Edge Settings popout side panel, scroll down to Advanced Settings and choose View advanced settings.
5. View advanced settings will reveal the Advanced Settings panel. Scroll to Search in the address bar with. You will see Bing as the default search engine for the search bar. This default setting will be changed in #6.
6. Search in the address bar with provides a drop-down menu. Here you can select <Add new> to bring up other options besides Bing as the default search provider. See #7.
7. To add a search provider select Google from the options provided and Add as default.