Delete cookies from websites you have visited using Internet Explorer IE.
Cookies are essentially small text files downloaded to your computer from websites you have visited. Cookies are generally harmless and cannot execute any virus or infect your computer in any way. In most cases, cookies are used to simply recognize you the next time you visit a website. This is done to better customize your web browsing experience. They may be used to remember settings or preferences you chose when visiting a particular website. Allowing cookies does not give a website access to your personal information unless you have provided it for them.
The following simple steps show you how to delete cookies.
1. Close out all open browsers.
2. Open a new instance of Internet Explorer.
3. From Internet Explorer’s top menu click the “Tools” button and choose “Internet Options” or choose “Delete Browsing History”.
4. Once you open the Internet Options window, click on the “Delete” button. This will open the Delete Browsing History window.
5. Within the Delete Browsing History window, on the History section shown below, click on “Delete History”. It will ask you, “Are you sure you want to delete all cookies…?” — Click “Yes” to proceed.