These step by step instructions show you how to set Windows PC time and calendar date as shown in the taskbar. A few common causes of your computer's clock being wrong include missing a step during Windows installation, incorrect time zone input during Windows installation, or your CMOS battery needs replacement.
1. In the Windows taskbar click on the time and date to display the calendar and clock. Click here for directions to show your Windows taskbar time and date if you cannot see it.
2. Choose the Change date and time settings link at the bottom of the window.
3. With the date and time tab selected, choose the Change date and time button.
4. Input the correct month by clicking on the highlighted month between the arrows.
5. In order to change the year click on the numerical years located between the arrow buttons and select the correct year.
6. Input the current time.
7. Click on OK and Apply to save settings. You can verify that the date and time are correct by viewing the taskbar clock.