How to change icon size in Windows is easy using the following simple instructions to resize desktop icons.
1. First, right click on an empty area on your desktop and choose Properties.
2. In the Display Properties window choose the Appearance tab and click on Advanced - See figure 1.
3. In the Advanced Appearance window, choose Icon from the Item: drop-down list - See figure 2.
4. Then using the up / down arrows next to Size:, select the new icon size you want. Note: you can also set the size manually. The numbers represent pixels. For example, the default shown here is set for having icons display at 32 x 32 pixels.
5. Once you have chosen your new size click on OK.
6. Click Apply in the Display Properties window.